Being a project manager is one of the most recognized professions in North America. It is also one of the most demanding managing tight deadlines, changing scope, large teams, demanding stakeholders and difficult sponsors. The rewards are worth it, if you have your PMP designation, your earning potential will be higher (20% on average - Project Management Institute, Inc.), work experiences are much more diverse and career advancement increases.
If you want to be a better project manager, we can tailor a plan with you to improve your knowledge, leadership and charisma to deliver your next project. At PM Academy, we will provide you with industry leading coaching customized to your goals to be a better project manager.
Our Project Management Coaching is specifically designed to provide one-on-one mentoring based on you. Each individual is different, for you, coaching will focus on where you are and where you need to go to be a better project manager. We will determine your competencies as project manager, assess your strengths and weaknesses and create a game plan with you to make the necessary changes happen.
We will not only help you be a better project manager, we will make you a better leader, providing the latest thought leadership and lasting insights into how to delivery projects that create lasting value. Our blueprint is built upon the following essential capabilities and strategies:
- Find out who you are and where you want to go
- Assess your competency as a project manager
- Determine what motivates you and what changes you want to happen
- Create a coaching plan with you to make the necessary changes happen
- Improve your project management knowledge
- Provide tools, templates and deliverables to do your job
- Make you a better leader to inspire others
- Work on your interpersonal skills for team collaboration
- Weekly check-ins to check progress
Your coach will work with your specific objectives, typical desired outcomes for your next project and career path are:
- Manage projects better. You will understand how to initiate and plan a project, use proper techniques to scope and estimate tasks, manage a budget, work with teams, escalate risks, prepare project status reports
- Be an effective leader. Lead teams by outlining the goals and visions of the project, delegation, inspiring others to follow, communicating effectively, setting ground rules, being confident and being honest and humble
- Have emotional project intelligence. Understand being a project manager is much more than managing a project plan, 90% of project management is communication managing expectations, influencing others and negotiating trade-offs
- Manage teams, stakeholders and sponsors. Know how to manage your team, project stakeholders and sponsors effectively to deliver the project and maintain customer expectations
- Advance your career. Set goals to advance your career and map how you will achieve it
Who should register for coaching?
- Working hard, but their project are not delivering the expected outcomes
- Having to deal with a difficult team and unhappy clients
- On a new big project and is unsure how to initiate, plan and manage it
- Dissatisfied with their career progression – or lack of – and would like a clear strategy for how to move forward and get to the next level
- Feels overwhelmed and stressed and would like increase their levels of fulfilment
- Would like to become a more engaging and inspirational leader: increase confidence, drive and gravitas
Every company wants their project delivered faster, cheaper and better. The problem is not many companies know how. I do. That's what makes project management and project managers so important. Companies need you, they need project managers.
My name is Rob Johnson, I earned my PMP Certification in 2003 and have been teaching project management since 2005. If you want to pass your exam, learn how to become a great project manager and have fun learning then sign-up for my courses, workshops or one-on-one coaching.
When I'm delivering projects, I ask "why"? Why is it being done, what will be the benefit and who does it impact? This applies to a single project or the entire IT program. I then focus on the nuts-and-bolts of a project leading team members to deliver what really matters that will transform the business – whether it is your next big e-commerce store or a core company application.
How did I start out as a project manager? After university, it seemed I was destined for a finance career, but instead, I started out as a project manager at Critical Mass the year before the dot-com bubble excitement. I’ve never looked back. I spent five years at Critical Mass honing my skills as a project manager and digital marketer working on Mercedes-Benz, Dell, Hyatt, and Las Vegas Visitor and Convention Authority (LVCVA) accounts. Let me assure you, what happened in Vegas can benefits your project.
I have a proven track record of delivering complex projects, ERP implementations, digital solutions and e-commerce websites with large team sizes, multiple stakeholders and big budgets. Go ahead, throw down serious project budgets, timelines and team sizes. The bigger the job, the more rewarding it is seeing it delivered.
I bring 18 years of project management experience to the classroom, I know project delivery and how to relate this to online courses, classrooms and coaching. Each day I will make you better than yesterday. I will work with you to pass your exam, be a better project manager, increase your earning potential and advance your career.
|Phone||1- (866) 597-8997|