The PMP Certification is the most recognized project management certifications in North America. It is also one of the hardest professional exams to pass with 200 questions to answer in four hours. The rewards are worth it, employers seek out project managers with the PMP designation and your earning potential will be higher (20% on average - Project Management Institute, Inc.).
If you need extra help, tailored to your learning style we can help. At PM Academy, we will provide you with industry leading coaching customized to your goals to pass the exam.
Our PMP Certification Exam Prep coaching is specifically designed to provide one-on-one mentoring based on you. Each individual is different, for you, coaching will focus on where you are and where you need to go to pass the PMP Exam. We will determine your readiness to take the exam, assess your strengths and weaknesses in the knowledge areas and create a game plan with you to prepare. We will chart a course to pass.
We will not only help you pass the exam, we will make you a better project manager, providing the latest thought leadership and lasting insights into how to delivery projects that create lasting value. Our blueprint is built upon the following essential capabilities and strategies:
- Assess who you are and where you want to go
- Determine your readiness to pass the exam
- Prepare a study plan with you
- Develop a schedule based on your goal to write the exam
- Thoroughly review the 10 knowledge areas, 5 process groups
- Provide practice examinations to “test your knowledge”
- Provide additional hands-on learning tools
- Provide hints and tips for writing the exam
- Weekly check-ins to check progress
Your coaching will prepare you to write the exam by focusing on:
- Knowledge areas. Know the ten knowledge areas and five process groups of the PMBoK. You will also understand how the ten knowledge areas interact with the process groups in managing projects.
- Process groups. Understand, in detail, the sub-processes of the PMBoK and the nuances and meanings of each of the definitions within each sub-process. This includes comprehensive understanding of the inputs/tools & techniques/output model underlying the PMBoK.
- Apply the PMBoK to real life scenarios. Be able to practically align the framework of the PMBoK with a concrete understanding of how the project management process works within your organization.
- Study tips. Be able to rapidly construct a success sheet of process and knowledge areas to be used as a supporting tool in studying for the PMP examination.
- How to write the exam. Know how to more effectively write the examination, including tools and tips for optimizing your time in the examination room.
- How to develop a study schedule. Have a practical framework to manage your last few days or weeks prior to writing the PMP examination.
- Passing the exam. Pass the PMP Exam!
Who should register for coaching?
- Failed the exam the first time
- Are unsure of what it takes to pass the exam
- Don't understand the material the first time
- Require motivation to pass the exam
- Want to be better than yesterday
Exam and certification requirements
- Non-graduates: need 5 years/7500 hours of professional project experience
- Graduates: need 3 years/4500 hours of professional project experience
Additionally, every applicant requires 35 hours of formal project management training
Every company wants their project delivered faster, cheaper and better. The problem is not many companies know how. I do. That's what makes project management and project managers so important. Companies need you, they need project managers.
My name is Rob Johnson, I earned my PMP Certification in 2003 and have been teaching project management since 2005. If you want to pass your exam, learn how to become a great project manager and have fun learning then sign-up for my courses, workshops or one-on-one coaching.
When I'm delivering projects, I ask "why"? Why is it being done, what will be the benefit and who does it impact? This applies to a single project or the entire IT program. I then focus on the nuts-and-bolts of a project leading team members to deliver what really matters that will transform the business – whether it is your next big e-commerce store or a core company application.
How did I start out as a project manager? After university, it seemed I was destined for a finance career, but instead, I started out as a project manager at Critical Mass the year before the dot-com bubble excitement. I’ve never looked back. I spent five years at Critical Mass honing my skills as a project manager and digital marketer working on Mercedes-Benz, Dell, Hyatt, and Las Vegas Visitor and Convention Authority (LVCVA) accounts. Let me assure you, what happened in Vegas can benefits your project.
I have a proven track record of delivering complex projects, ERP implementations, digital solutions and e-commerce websites with large team sizes, multiple stakeholders and big budgets. Go ahead, throw down serious project budgets, timelines and team sizes. The bigger the job, the more rewarding it is seeing it delivered.
I bring 18 years of project management experience to the classroom, I know project delivery and how to relate this to online courses, classrooms and coaching. Each day I will make you better than yesterday. I will work with you to pass your exam, be a better project manager, increase your earning potential and advance your career.
|Phone||1- (866) 597-8997|