The PMP Certification is the most recognized project management certifications in North America. It is also one of the hardest professional exams to pass with 200 questions to answer in four hours. The rewards are worth it, employers seek out project managers with the PMP designation and your earning potential will be higher (20% on average - Project Management Institute, Inc.).
At PM Academy, we will provide you with industry leading instructors teaching you what you need to know, how to study and pass the exam.
Our PMP Certification Exam Prep course is specifically designed to not just help you become certified. Our objective is to make you a better project manager, providing the latest thought leadership and lasting insights into how to delivery projects that create lasting value. Our blueprint is built upon the following essential capabilities and strategies:
- Why are you so awesome? Why do companies need project managers
- Provide an initial outline - a life of a project and managing it
- Review the 5 PMBoK process groups
- Thoroughly explore each of the 10 knowledge areas
- Examine other relevant disciplines
- Provide practice examinations to “test your knowledge”
- Provide additional hands-on learning tools
- Provide hints and tips for writing the exam
- Workshops and hands-on case studies
Upon completion of our PMP Exam Preparation workshop you will:
- Know the ten knowledge areas and five process groups of the PMBoK. You will also understand how the ten knowledge areas interact with the process groups in managing projects.
- Understand, in detail, the sub-processes of the PMBoK and the nuances and meanings of each of the definitions within each sub-process. This includes comprehensive understanding of the inputs/tools & techniques/output model underlying the PMBoK.
- Be able to practically align the framework of the PMBoK with a concrete understanding of how the project management process works within your organization.
- Be able to rapidly construct a success sheet of process and knowledge areas to be used as a supporting tool in studying for the PMP examination.
- Know how to more effectively write the examination, including tools and tips for optimizing your time in the examination room.
- Have a practical framework to manage your last few days or weeks prior to writing the PMP examination.
- Pass the PMP Exam!
Who should register for this course?
- Project managers
- Associate/Asst. Manager - Projects
- Team leads/Managers
- Project Executives/Engineers
- Software Developers
- Any professional aspiring to be a Project Manager
Exam and certification requirements
- Non-graduates: need 5 years/7500 hours of professional project experience
- Graduates: need 3 years/4500 hours of professional project experience
Additionally, every applicant requires 35 hours of formal project management training.
- 9:00am - 10:30am - Project Management Introduction
- 10:45am - 12:00pm - Chapter 1: PMBOK Introduction
- 12:45pm - 2:30pm - Chapter 2: Organizational Influences & Project Lifecycle
- 2:45pm - 5:00pm - Chapter 3: Project Management Processes
- 9:00am - 10:30am - Chapter 4 - Project Integration Management
- 10:45am - 12:00pm - Chapter 5 - Project Scope Management
- 12:45pm - 2:30pm - Chapter 5 - Project Scope Management
- 2:45pm - 5:00pm - Chapter 6 - Project Time Management
- 9:00am - 10:30am - Chapter 6 - Project Time Management
- 10:45am - 12:00pm - Chapter 7 - Project Cost Management
- 12:45pm - 2:30pm - Chapter 7 - Project Cost Management
- 2:45pm - 5:00pm - Chapter 8 - Project Quality Management
- 9:00am - 10:30am -Chapter 9 - Project Human Resource Management
- 10:45am - 12:00pm - Chapter 10: Project Communication Management
- 12:45pm - 2:30pm - Chapter 11 - Project Procurement Management
- 2:45pm - 5:00pm - Chapter 12 - Project Stakeholder Management
- More detailed agenda provided upon sign-up
- Venues are booked closer to the course start date
- Locations are typically close to downtown
- Lunches are provided